Art of Networking in Virtual World
/ˈnetwərkiNG/ n – The action or process of interacting with others to exchange information and develop professional or social contacts.
The act of networking is something that is both a science and an art. This session will provide research on the impact of networking and dive into specific tools. Participants will learn tips to navigate this task at conference and when it is the last item on their to-do list.
Participants will explore their own perspectives on networking, create a networking plan and leave with tools to help them reach their networking goals.
Note: This can be customized for an all-female audience like a Women’s Employee Resource Group. This session would include research and discussion on specific aspects that impact women in the workplace.
- Explore individual perspective on networking
- Dive into the reasons why networking is important
- Learn techniques to make networking easier and a more consistent part of your career path
- Participants will engage in individual and group activities, such as self-reflection and table group discussions
- Leaders at all levels
- High-potential individual contributors
- Project/Program managers