Polarity Thinking: A Powerful Tool for Increasing Leadership Capacity
One of the key qualities of higher capacity in leaders is both/and, integrative thinking. This practical, hands-on workshop will introduce you to polarity mapping, the most effective way to actively build this capacity.
Most leadership trainings focus on acquisition of leadership competencies rather than an increase in actual leadership capacity. Leadership capacity is the ability to think and act more effectively in times of increasing VUCA (volatility, uncertainty, complexity, ambiguity) and rapid change.
See this short summary for more details on this vital but little-understood distinction: Leadership Development is About Capacity, Not Just Competencies (trainingindustry.com) or this longer article for a deeper dive into this topic: Leadership Development — It’s About Capacity, Not Just Competencies | by Clear Impact Consulting Group | Medium. This training session will highlight the power of Polarity Thinking (both/and rather than either/or) to build sustainable collective and individual capacity.
- Understanding the concept of leadership capacity – the ability to think and act more effectively in times of increasing volatility, uncertainty, complexity, ambiguity (VUCA) and rapid change
- Understanding how both/and, integrative thinking is a critical component for dealing more effectively with complex leadership challenges
- Learning, practicing, and applying the tool of polarity mapping, first in small groups and then individually
- Building a reflective practice to apply back in the workplace
- Engaging presentation with rich dialogue
- Practice at the full-group, small-group and, then, individual levels
- Individual reflection, application, and development of an action plan
- Leaders at all levels
- High-potential individual contributors
- Project/program managers