Coaching for Top Performance
Coaching is a vehicle for moving people from where they are now to where they need and want to be. Coaching is central to performance management, while developing the climate, environment, and process that empowers individuals and teams to create results. Coaching allows managers to help employees remove barriers to higher levels of performance and job satisfaction, using development opportunities at work.
- Identify why managers typically avoid coaching
- Identify the benefits of coaching
- Recognize the characteristics of effective coaches
- Analyze what is influencing unsatisfactory performance
- Assess possible coaching situations to decide whether coaching is worth your time and effort
- Document an employee’s performance and assess the data
- Develop a performance improvement implementation plan
- Get your employee to commit to the improvement plan
- Prepare for and conduct a coaching session
- Use coaching as a method of maintaining employee growth
- Avoid common coaching pitfalls
- How coaching differs from traditional management
- Benefits and goals of coaching
- Effective coaching characteristics
- When to and when not to coach
- Symptoms of performance problems
- Where and how to document performance
- Assessing documented data to identify performance problem’s root causes
- Defining the performance issue
- Identifying desired performance
- Uncovering mutual coach/coachee expectations
- Creating an improvement action plan
- Involving the coachee in the planning process
- Getting coachee buy-in
Up to 30 students
- Virtual Classes will be a live, Instructor lead class in Zoom for Government, a virtual technical assistant VTA will be available to assist students with any technical issues, take roll, administer evaluations, and distribute certificates of completion. Course materials will be provided electronically.
- Onsite classes will be held at your location. The instructor will travel to you. Materials will be printed and shipped to your site. A sign-up sheet will be provided for student to enter their name (as they want it on their certificate) and the email address to send the certificate to. GSA travel costs will be added to the course fee. Contact us for a travel estimate.
- A minimum of 2 weeks lead time is needed for virtual classes, 3 weeks for onsite classes.
Questions? Contact our training coordinator via email or phone at (202) 843.5447.