Technical Writing: When Your Message Needs to Reach a Diverse Audience
Wouldn’t life be so much easier if everyone communicated the same way? Working collaboratively to find solutions to problems involves the exploration, input, interpretation, and actions of many people. Within this team of talented individuals lies a wealth of diverse experiences, backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles.
- Demonstrate respect for each other’s differences in the creation and communication of the information inside technical documents
- Anticipate others’ unique needs and perspectives when looking at the same information
- Analyze their audience to write for that audience and not just for themselves
- Stay within the scope of the issue being described through understanding the objectives of each document or knowledge brief
- Make decisions about what to include and what to eliminate from a larger pool of information, to create a concise yet informative document that does not mislead people
- Help others on current and future business teams to more effectively utilize their unique contributions in response to shared technical documents
Up to 30 students
- Virtual Classes will be a live, Instructor lead class in Zoom for Government, a virtual technical assistant VTA will be available to assist students with any technical issues, take roll, administer evaluations, and distribute certificates of completion. Course materials will be provided electronically.
- Onsite classes will be held at your location. The instructor will travel to you. Materials will be printed and shipped to your site. A sign-up sheet will be provided for student to enter their name (as they want it on their certificate) and the email address to send the certificate to. GSA travel costs will be added to the course fee. Contact us for a travel estimate.
- A minimum of 2 weeks lead time is needed for virtual classes, 3 weeks for onsite classes.
Questions? Contact our training coordinator via email or phone at (202) 843.5447.