Overcoming Negativity in the Workplace
Workplace success begins with a state of mind. People typically behave in alignment with their attitudes, thoughts, beliefs, assumptions, expectations, and emotions. Therefore, keeping an eye on what people are thinking or how they are feeling about work can play a significant role in both individual and the collective accomplishments of your team.
- Assess participants’ own degree of positive or negative thinking
- Build trust between themselves and others and within their teams
- Help people turn negatives into positives
- Reshape the way participants and team members perceive situations
- Explain how thoughts impact the interpretation of events
- Recognize negativity “trigger points”
- Stay positive in a negative work environment
- Manage participants’ emotions at work
- More effectively manage people who see work in a negative light
- Positively harness pessimism
- “Attitude” self-assessment
- Staying positive in a negative environment
- Managing your emotions
- Building trust accounts with coworkers
- 13 trust-building behaviors
- Types of negativity
- Constructively discussing a team member’s negativity with the team member
- Root cause analysis
- The Betari Box
- Cognitive Restructuring
- Thought Awareness
- Managing Pessimists
- Strategies for working with someone you don’t like
Up to 30 students
- Virtual Classes will be a live, Instructor lead class in Zoom for Government, a virtual technical assistant VTA will be available to assist students with any technical issues, take roll, administer evaluations, and distribute certificates of completion. Course materials will be provided electronically.
- Onsite classes will be held at your location. The instructor will travel to you. Materials will be printed and shipped to your site. A sign-up sheet will be provided for student to enter their name (as they want it on their certificate) and the email address to send the certificate to. GSA travel costs will be added to the course fee. Contact us for a travel estimate.
- A minimum of 2 weeks lead time is needed for virtual classes, 3 weeks for onsite classes.
Questions? Contact our training coordinator via email or phone at (202) 843.5447.